A few facts:
Do I work with interior designers?
ABSOLUTELY! I enjoy the collaboration!
Do I work from photos?
I will work with a client's photo but I don't seek to “copy” a photo exactly, but rather will work with it as general inspiration. As an artist, I need the license to make the painting mine all the while understanding your vision as well.
What is the pricing?
Commissions are more work for the artists. Each piece is individually considered for complexity and size when pricing a commission. All of the pricing is discussed and agreed to ahead of starting the painting. I usually split payments into thirds (1/3 at contract approval, 1/3 midway, 1/3 at delivery). That being said, I am more than happy to work out a flexible payment plan that suits your individual needs.
What is the timing to receive a commission?
As a rule of thumb, the more advanced notice the better. My work is best when I don’t have a tight time frame. The creative process takes not only painting time, but also plenty of time for edits and adjustments. Each piece has it's own voice and I prefer to give it the space it needs with me in my studio.
- We meet to discuss your vision, time frame, budget, and any other considerations.
- I review photos of the space the painting(s) will be hanging.
- If you live locally, I am available to visit the location that is inspiring your painting. I often bring canvasses and painters tape with me to determine the appropriate size for your space.
- A contract is e-mailed for your approval.
- I will email you images as the piece progresses. When it is getting close to completion, I will make arrangements for you to come to see your piece in person. If local, I can bring the piece in progress to your home or to the intended space to review in person. This can be very helpful when finalizing a very large piece.
- Your work is delivered!